Co creation co concepts
• Non hierarchiachal
• Leader “full”
• Initiators (a new kind of leader) ‡ step back roles
• Shared authority and responsibility
• Collectively shared vision
• Emphasis on process
• Collectively designed goals
• Mindful of who is included (who needs to be there and who decides to be there)
• Process critical to / as important as outcomes.
• Empowering people
• Builds capacity
• Creative thinking
• Co creation is not always appropriate (when and not to co create)
• Benefits distributes among stakeholders
• Value led questions
• Phasing (may be co creation is in some phases only)
• Collective questions based process
Themes from session (what resonated with us?)
• Paving the way to widespread literacy on co-creation. Pioneering Co-creative inspiration.
(1) Intermediation publicly – accelerate/amplify; (2) Monetizied support role (depends on individual consulting expertise that can be offered by members); (3) Advocacy/education
• Need boundaries for the definition/patterns of co-creation – core features / membrane
• Ideal: stakeholders become investors; unloading generosity
• Hardship-bliss paradox
• Leadership: vision keeper, empower others, issue invitation; Shine light on others
How do you fuel the fire instead of being it?
• Co-creative culture: attitude, gift, deep listening
• Transparency vs. risk of sharing.
• Openness vs. frameworks.
• Active/deep listening
• Important role of questions. (Can be a tool to articulate thinking of stakeholders). Open discovery
• Conditions for co-creation – when to use? When not to use? May be useful at some phases and not at others.
• Crafting motivation and incentive structure for engaging those who may not be interested
• Inspirational Path: Inspire, Conspire, Cospire
• Ask ‘what do you want to learn?’
• How to process the process; process vs. outcome
• Flexible responses
• Many challenges to co-creation.
1. Could do a “how to” of co-creative leadership; infographic on characteristics; training
2. Digital platforms
3. Curate existing resources/methods
4. Important need to build bridges to other networks (boundary spanning)
Body of knowledge (BOK) around co-creation
Case studies, #cocreate14, discs, etc
multiple possible audiences – delivering the right content to the right audience
practitioners policy makers etc
What do practitioners need?
How could BOK support?
“Models” could be helpful – HOW TO?
Find a group problem to work on?
Peer to peer mentoring
Personal journeys into online before events
online co-working space (yammer)
periodic member interviews
Google chat and archived
Following with Living Bridges
Survey of online home